Excellence, Energy and Entertainment are the driving forces behind the Georgia State University Marching Band. The goal of the band is to provide high-energy and highly entertaining performances through musical and visual excellence.
The GSU Marching Band is in its third year of existence and serves as an integral part of campus life. The Marching Band performs at most Georgia State football games. The GSU Marching Band performs a pre-game show at all home games, and halftime shows at all games they attend. In addition to football games, the band performs at university and community events, as well as high school marching band exhibitions. In addition to the Marching Band, GSU Bands include; Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Wind Orchestra, Chamber Winds, University Band, and Basketball Pep Band.
The GSU Marching Band has earned several notable accomplishments in its brief three-year history. They include:
- Invitation to 2014 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City, New York
- 57th Presidential Inauguration Parade for President Barack Obama
- Selected as one of the top-ten college bands in the nation in 2013 by the College Band Directors National Association
- Selected as one of the top-five college bands in the Southern Division in 2012 by the College Band Directors National Association
- Filming in the movie The Watch with Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Parade
- Filming on CNN's HNL Morning Express with Robin Meade